Friday, 29 January 2010 00:00
Picnic reservations for the coming season may be made at Nassau County parks beginning Monday, Feb. 1, announced Nassau County Executive Ed Mangano. Reservations can be made for the following parks:
• Bay Park in East Rockaway; reservations taken at Grant Park 571-7821.
• Cantiague Park in Hicksville 571-7056.
• Cedar Creek Park in Seaford 571-7470.
• Christopher Morley Park in Roslyn-North Hills 571-8113.
• Cow Meadow Park in Freeport 571-8685; during winter, reservations taken at Rev. Arthur Mackey Sr. Park.
• Eisenhower Park in East Meadow; Special Activities Bldg., Parking Field No. 8 572-0348.
• Grant Park in Hewlett 571-7821.
• Inwood Park 571-7894; reservations taken at North Woodmere Park.
• Rev. Arthur Mackey Sr. Park in Roosevelt 571-8692.
• Nickerson Beach Park in Lido Beach 571-7700.
• North Woodmere Park 571-7801.
• Wantagh Park 571-7460.
Reservations must be made in person at park locations, and a valid Leisure Pass and appropriate payment (fees depend upon group size) must be presented to obtain a confirmed reservation. Payment can be made by cash, check (made out to “Treasurer of Nassau County”) or credit card (at some locations). “Rain-or-shine” shelter areas are available at Cedar Creek Park, Rev. Arthur Mackey Sr. Park, Nickerson Beach Park and Wantagh Park.
County regulations require that 75 percent of all picnic participants be Nassau County residents. A special permit is required for the use of alcoholic beverages and this permit must be purchased at least one week in advance of any reserved or unreserved picnic. To make catering arrangements, patrons must contact the park concessionaire, Dover Caterers, at 933-4444, ext. 12 or 16. Picnic reservations must be secured from the individual park before catering can be arranged.
For more information about the Nassau County Department of Parks, Recreation and Museums, call 572-0200 or visit the Parks Website at www.nassaucountyny.gov/parks.