Friday, 09 October 2009 00:00
• To make it more of an even playing field for candidates, we will be restricting the frequency of columns from incumbents up for re-election and will not run columns from incumbents in the three issues prior to an election.
• To be considered for publication, letters should be limited to 300-400 words (one quarter page is roughly 400 words). Letters longer than this may not be used or may be shortened by the editor without contacting the writer.
• In the last issue before an election, only letters expressing support for candidates will be accepted.
• Generally speaking, letters from candidates will not be printed. However, there may be times when a letter from a candidate is warranted - a judgement call on our part.
• As usual, letters must include an address and daytime phone number for verification. (This information will not be published.)