Thursday, 02 January 2014 10:46
Seniors Daniel Sloan and Keley Abbriano were recently awarded the Nassau Zone Outstanding Physical Education Award for the 2013-14 school year. They were awarded this honor based on several criteria:
• Physical Education Achievement — earning above an “A” GPA every year in Physical Education Classes
• Scholastically Sound — a student who has earned an overall GPA between a 3.0-4.0 and is working up to their potential
• Outstanding Character — contributes to the overall positive tone of the Physical Education Classes as well as the school. The student makes an outstanding effort to be cooperative, honest, poised, self-confident, attentive, industrious and enthusiastic. And at all times is working to support the instructional efforts of the class.• Physical Education Leader — leader in class activities and accepts responsibility well
• School Wide Activities Leader — active in the leadership capacity within the school environment
• Role Model — student achieves a high level of physical fitness as determined by individual accomplishments. Student demonstrates a positive attitude toward the instructional activity and provides support for the success of others.