The NHP Wildcats S.C. has again partnered with the MLS New York Red Bulls to provide training for our Intramural Program (U4 through U9).
• Our Micro Soccer Program is a 8 week program (weather permitting)
• Professional Soccer Trainers will introduce the game of soccer to the children utilizing age appropriate games and skills training.
• Separate and distinct U4 and U5 sessions, which follow a weekly progression of skills/game-play, emphasizing touches on the ball.
• U4: 9:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
• U5: 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
• Your child will be assigned a specific session time for the entire season. Space is limited and you will register for the time sessions on a first come, first served basis.
• Players will be divided into teams with volunteer coaches.
• Teams (players & coaches) will be provided with 45 minutes of skill based training by a Professional Trainer.
• Training will be followed by 2 20-minute games, supervised by the trainers and run by the coaches. The first game will be a formal 3 v 3 game lasting 20 minutes, with the emphasis on players learning to play offense and defense, while maximizing touches of the ball. The second game will be a more traditional 15-20 minute game of 6 v 6. Scores and standings will not be maintained.
• Teams are encouraged to practice once a week with their coach to hone skills and build upon the MLS New York Red Bulls sessions.
(Teams will rotate start times throughout the season):
• Boys U6 - Saturdays with session start times of 11:00 a.m., 11:45 a.m. & 12:30 p.m.
• Boys U7 - Saturdays with session start times of 1:15 p.m., & 2:00 p.m.
• Girls U6 - Sundays with session start time of 12:00 p.m.
• Girls U7 - Sundays with session start times of 12:45 p.m. & 1:30 p.m.
U8 & U9 IntramuralPlayers will be divided into teams with volunteer coaches.
• Teams will play an 8-week schedule of games followed by play-offs.
• Teams are expected to practice during the week.
• In additional to the team games/practices, U8s & U9s can sign up for our U8/U9 Developmental Program. This is additional skill based training by professional trainers. There is an additional fee of $40 per player for U8 & U9 Developmental Program.
• Separate and distinct U8 and U9 Developmental sessions.
• Girls U9 @ 9:00 a.m. on Saturday
• Girls U8 @ 9:00 a.m. on Saturday
• Girls U8 & U10 @ 10:00 a.m. on Saturday
• Boys U9 @ 10:30 a.m. on Sunday
• Boys U8 @ 10:30 a.m. on Sunday
• In addition to team games/practices, U8s and U9s can sign up for our Goalkeeper Training Program. This additional training is by professional trainers. There is an additional fee of $40 per player if not participating in our Developmental Program. If player is participating in our Developmental Program the fee is reduced to $25.
• Girls U8 &9 @ 10:00 a..m on Saturday
• Boys U8 & 9 @ 11:30 a.m. on Sunday
• Players register separately via the NHP Wildcats website.
• Teams are broken into Major, Intermediate and Minor teams based upon the number of players registered and the recommendations of the Division Director and Coaches.
• Teams play against other clubs within Nassau and western Suffolk County.
• Girls U9 play on Saturdays at 4 or 5 p.m.
• Boys U9 play on Sundays at 4 or 5 p.m.
• This intramural program is for U11 & older players who are not playing travel soccer.
• Teams play against other towns within a limited travel area.
All Micro Soccer, U6/U7 sessions & the U8 & U9 Developmental Programs will be held at the Denton Ave School Field. The location of U8, U9/10 games and U11 & older games: to be determined.
The 8-week Intramural Season begins the weekend of September 12 & 13. There will be no sessions/games on the weekend of October 10/11 (Columbus Day weekend) due to possible tournaments.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Registration fees DO NOT include a uniform.
Uniforms may be purchased at:
SportLoft, 1105 Jericho Tpke., NHP
(516) 437-6403, at a contracted price.
• These fees are separate from and do not include Travel Soccer.
• Players registered after July 15, 2009 will be considered late. For your child to be registered you must include the $25 late fee. Late registrations cannot be guaranteed placement on a team.
• All Registration fees are NON-REFUNDABLE
• Late Fees will not be waived.
• No requests will be honored.
• All new registrants must provide proof of age.
On Long Island a new tennis star is emerging. Mia Vecchio, 12, is a bright young girl who will be attending Herricks Middle School in New Hyde Park this fall.
The NHPLL Girls Majors Softball Team captured the District No. 29 Championship last week with a thrilling 4-0 victory over an exceptional Garden City South team. The enthusiastic NHP fans were out in force cheering the ladies to victory with their “thunder sticks” and blue NHPLL attire.
Merrillon Sharks week-ending July 26th
The Sharks were 3 & 1 this week, winning 2 games at HBQVB’s tournament and 1 at the Williston Park tournament, despite having an injury list similar to the Mets with Nick Mangia and Yanni Rigos both missing some games. Gregory “Mays” Haynes won 2 games and Louis Plomitallo won 1, with Tom Murphy gaining a save and Greg Donovan making is summer pitching debut closing out a win. The outfield made many key plays this week, running down fly balls, backing up each other and hitting the cut-off man, led by Matt Vowinkel, CJ Carrick, Anthony Lanzilotta and Vincent Rossello. The hitting was strong as Peter Restivo is staying hot and Brendan Quinn is getting hot, also “sweet swinging” Louis Plomitallo has had 8 straight hits and Tom Murphy has had multiple RBIs in back to back games.
The New Hyde Park Wildcats Soccer has again partnered with the MLS New York Red Bulls to provide training for our Intramural Program (U4 through U9).
For the first time in Merillon history the 10, 11 and 12 year-old All-Star teams won their respective Williamsport District Championships.
The Merillon summer league started off with great defensive and offensive plays. In the field, Mathew Merolla, Cenzo Montoni, Jordan Seidenberg, Paulie Depaulis, Joseph Muratore, and Christian Zamora, continued where they left off in the spring. The newest Dodgers, Jack Nathan, Justin Marsella, Harrison Goldring, Michael Campagnoulo, Logan Golia, and Nicholas Marsella also demonstrated their fundamentals of baseball. The bats were alive with all the players getting on base and scoring 16 runs.
In a rain-shortened tournament, the New Hyde Park Boys U8 Blue Thunder took home the First Place trophy in the top-rated Red division after going undefeated on the first day of the Plainedge Father’s Day Tournament held at Syosset’s Stillwell Fields. Playing on a slick, rain-soaked field did not slow the boys down one bit. After a hard-fought, opening game which ended in a 5-4 thrilling victory versus Lindenhurst, the boys shut out the Deer Park Wolfpack and the West Hempstead Chiefs, 3-0 and 5-0 respectively. The team showed up early Sunday morning ready to pick up where they left off but unfortunately Mother Nature did not cooperate. Heavy overnight rains rendered the fields unplayable and the day’s games were cancelled. The boys’ extreme disappointment was slightly tempered by the fact that they were crowned champs. The 5-4 win made the coaches proud because of the boys’ resilience. The only time Blue Thunder led in the game was when they broke the 4-4 tie with less than two minutes left after trailing 1-0, 2-1, 3-2, and 4-3. The boys never gave up and kept coming back at a very tough and talented Lindenhurst squad. The 5-0 win versus the Chiefs was a clinic in soccer. It was as close to a perfect soccer game as 8-year-old boys could possibly play. Suffocating defense, disciplined positioning, no-look/one-touch passes, tremendous foot skills, and acrobatic goals left the crowd murmuring with the realization that they had just witnessed soccer the way it ought to be played. Congratulations boys! And thanks for a terrific Father’s Day present from all the coaches and dads in attendance.
In a rain-shortened tournament, the New Hyde Park Boys U8 Blue Thunder took home the First Place trophy in the top-rated Red division after going undefeated on the first day of the Plainedge Father’s Day Tournament held at Syosset’s Stillwell Fields. Playing on a slick, rain soaked field did not slow the boys down one bit. After a hard-fought, opening game which ended in a 5-4 thrilling victory versus Lindenhurst, the boys shut out the Deer Park Wolfpack and the West Hempstead Chiefs, 3-0 and 5-0 respectively. The team showed up early Sunday morning ready to pick up where they left off but unfortunately Mother Nature did not cooperate.
In a game that exhibited solid pitching the Merillon Patriots came out on top with a 4-3 win. All of our runs were scored by HRs. John Young hit HRs in the 1st and 5th innings, Ross Crames in the 1st and Liam Slattery in the 4th inning. Although the boys were hitting the ball well Albertson-Herricks were making outstanding fielding plays. Matt Theodorpoulos, Vincent Patrey, Evan Clark all had base hits. All Patriots turned in excellent defense as no errors were made. Infielders converted all balls hit their way and the outfielders backup the infield plays when required.
Page 27 of 29<< Start < Prev 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next > End >>