Friday, 01 March 2013 00:00
The Massapequa Public Library will present “Making Money In The Stock Market,” from 7 p.m. until 9 at the Bar Harbour location.
The Ancient Order of Hibernians, Division 15, is holding a St. Patrick’s Dinner/Dance at the Memorare Council located on Jackson Avenue in Seaford at 8 p.m. Admission is $65. Call Ed McGlade at 516-815-7269 for more information.
A blood drive is being held from 10:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the Massapequa Reformed Church, located at 302 Ocean Avenue. Appointments may be scheduled by calling 516-799-5158. Walk-ins are also welcome.
A St. Patrick’s Dinner/Dance will be held at American Legion Massapequa Post 1066, located at 66 Veterans Boulevard at 7:30 p.m. Irish Step dancers and Tara Pipe Band will be performed. Admission is $45. No admission at the door. Call Padraic Nugent at 516-795-2481 or the American Legion at 795-7333.
• Yoga: The Massapequa Public Library offers an adult education class in quilting on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. until 10:15 a.m. in the auditorium room of the Bar Harbour location.
• Chair Yoga: The Massapequa Public Library offers an adult education class in quilting on Wednesdays from 9 a.m. until 10:15 a.m. in the auditorium room of the Bar Harbour location.
• Quilting: The Massapequa Public Library offers an adult education class in quilting on Tuesdays from 10 a.m. until noon in the meeting room of the Bar Harbour location.
• Scrabble: The Massapequa Public Library offers “Brain Aerobics,” a Scrabble game, every Monday at 11 a.m. at its Bar Harbour location. Registration is not required but participants should bring their own game. All levels are welcome.
• Senior Discussion Group: The Massapequa Public Library will host “Let’s Talk,” a weekly discussion group for seniors on Fridays at 1 p.m. at its Bar Harbour location. Light refreshments will be served.
• Chess Club: The Chess Club meets at the Bar Harbour location of the Massapequa Public Library from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m.
•Massapequa Senior Citizens Center. The center is located in the back of McKenna School on Second Ave. and Spruce St. in Massapequa Park. Meetings are Mondays and Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The center offers luncheons, day trips, arts and crafts, painting, speakers, stretch and relaxation exercises and Chi Kung. The program is sponsored by S.D. #23. Call 308-5505.
•One-On-One Information And Referral Service for Massapequa and Massapequa Park residents. Topics include Medicare, local recreation, health insurance, nursing homes and assisted living. 10 a.m. to noon Mondays at the Massapequa Library, Bar Harbor (40 Harbor Ln. 799-0770) and Central Avenue (523 Central Ave. 798-4607) Buildings.
•Bingo every Tuesday 10:15 a.m. at the Massapequa Elks, 2162 Veterans Blvd., Massapequa. Progressive game, Line game. Call 798-2162.
•Adoptive Moms Group. Covers the factors which influence your decision to adopt children, sources used for information, relationships with siblings and other family members, the first weeks at home, talking to the child about being adopted (how and when), issues that arise should the child want to meet his/her biological parents including: will you help in the search, how to go about getting information, how to handle the situation. 10 to 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Massapequa Mothers’ Center, Church of St. Jude, 3606 Lufberry Ave., Wantagh. For information call 679-4641.
•Bingo every Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. at Beth Shalom Center of Amityville and the Massapequas, 79 County Line Rd., Amityville. 264-2891.
•The Scrabble Club meets on Thursdays from 12:15 to 3:15 p.m. at the Plainedge Library, 1060 Hicksville Rd., Massapequa. All ages. Scrabble players wanted. Call Judy 827-9506.
•Overeaters Anonymous. Are you a compulsive overeater? Under eater? Overeaters Anonymous can help. There is a meeting on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to noon at St. Rose of Lima Church, 2 Bayview Ave., Massapequa. For information about the meeting call Nancy 798-2547 (between 7 and 9 p.m.) or Ed 845-5423.
•Camille’s Dance every Sunday from 7 to 11 p.m. at the Elks Club, Veterans Blvd., Massapequa. $14 includes snacks. Call 516-798-2162.
•The Massapequa Fire District will hold its regular monthly meetings on the second and fourth Mondays of each month at 8 p.m. The board will also conduct monthly work sessions on the first, third and when applicable, fifth Monday of each month commencing at the same time. Meetings will take place at the district administration building located at 1 Brooklyn Avenue.
•Nassau County Aquarium Society meets on the second Tuesday of the month at 7:30 p.m. at the American Legion Hall, 66 Veterans Blvd., Massapequa. Free parking, free admission, guests welcome. Refreshments served. Junior members always welcome. Call Mike Foran 798-6766; Ken Smith 631-589-0913 or Brandie 631-473-4018.