Thursday, 05 December 2013 00:00
The Ladies Auxiliary VFW Post 5253 will hold a Holiday Bazaar on Saturday, Dec. 14 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the VFW Hall at 155 Searingtown Road in Albertson. Snacks, 50/50 and gift baskets will be available.
The Mineola High School Class of 1964 is holding its 50th reunion on Sept. 13, 2014 at the Marriott Hotel in Melville. Contact Marilyn Vokoun at 631-277-6353 for more info.
The Gaelic Athletic Association is an Irish Nationwide sporting organization featuring the national sports, hurling and Gaelic football. They show the games live on big screens televisions. Complimentary tea, coffee and scones are served and a cash bar is open.
Friday Dec. 6 at 8 p.m. It’s $20, a cash bar with complimentary tea, coffee and scones.
Saturday Dec. 7 at 8:30 p.m. $20, Music by Sharon and Friends. cash bar, complimentary tea, coffee and scones. All welcome.
Saturday Dec. 14 at 8 p.m. It’s with a $20 a cash bar.
Sunday, Dec. 15 2 p.m. Call center for details.
Tickets are on sale for the concert on Dec. 22 at 7.p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 at the door.
Tuesday Dec. 31 at 8 p.m. Music by Tommy Dunn and Jan Lynch. It’s $75 per person. Full Dinner and open bar. Call the center for more information and to make reservations.
Wednesdays at 7 p.m. 297 Willis Avenue in Mineola.
Mondays noon to 3 p.m. 297 Willis Avenue in Mineola.
Tuesdays and Thursday nights. 297 Willis Avenue in Mineola. For more information, call Donny Golden at 718-238-9207.
Thursday nights at 7 p.m. 297 Willis Avenue in Mineola. Call Ward M. Connelly at 631-262-0127.
Every Monday at 11 a.m. 297 Willis Avenue in Mineola. For additional information, call the Irish American Center Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 516-746-9392 or 516-742-8080.
• Boy Scout Troop 200 Of Williston Park meets every Monday between 7:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. at St. John’s Lutheran Church located at Willis Ave. and Winthrop St., Williston Park. Boys 11 to 17 are welcome to join.
• Mineola Choral Society meets every Monday at 8 p.m. in Mineola High School, Armstrong Rd., Garden City Park. New voices are welcome. For more information call 294-1175.
• Nassau Chess Club meets each Monday evening at 7:30 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church of Mineola, First and Main Sts. For more information call 631-218-4440.
• Boy Scout Troop 45 Of Mineola meets every Tuesday between 7:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church of Mineola located at First and Main Sts. Boys 11 to 17 are welcome to join.
• Leisure Club Of Mineola meets Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Mineola Community Center, Washington Ave. For more information, call 741-8747.
• Irish American Society Social Gatherings every Monday at the Irish American Center, 297 Willis Ave., Mineola, from noon to 3 p.m. In the tradition and mission of the Irish American Society, we are here to make all welcome and be part of the local community. Bring lunch. Coffee and tea will be served. Play cards, board games or just sit and socialize. A film once a month. Ladies and gents welcome. Free to all. Call Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. 746-9392 or 742-8080.
• Chemical Dependency Lecture Series. Seafield Outpatient Services, 110 Main St., Mineola, is offering a free, informative discussion series on Chemical Dependency and the Effects on the Family. It is held every Tuesday from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. Call 747-5644.
• Relapse Prevention Support Groups are held by the LI Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence on Tuesdays from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. in its Williston Park Office, 207 Hillside Ave. Groups are facilitated by professional staff trained to help you or a loved one successfully transition from inpatient treatment back home or into a sober living environment. Aftercare and support following substance abuse treatment is an essential part of maintaining sobriety and creating a strong foundation for recovery. Call Jeffrey L. Reynolds 747-2606, ext. 12 or Steve Chassman, ext. 17.
• Gam-Anon Support Group holds an anonymous meeting for spouses, adult children over 18, family and friends of those whose lives have been affected by a gambling problem. Held on Thursdays at Temple Emanuel, Hillside Ave., New Hyde Park at 8 p.m. For more information call the 24-hour hotline: 631-321-2883.
• LI Chess Nuts meets at 38 Old Country Rd., Garden City, Thursdays from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. for K to thirdrd grade; and Fridays from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. for fourth grade and up. Optional lessons for beginners and advanced players available at 4 and 5:30 p.m. For more information call Margarita Lanides at 739-3907.
• Bingo Games every Friday at 7:15 p.m. at Knights of Columbus Hall, 83 Sea Cliff Ave., Glen Cove. $1,500 in cash prizes. Door prizes and Progressive on last game. Smoke-free environment. Call 676-1828 for further info.
• Bingo every Friday. Games begin at 7:30 p.m. at St. Brigid/Our Lady of Hope Regional School, 101 Maple Ave., Westbury. Two Share the Wealth Games are offered, a $500 and a $1000 Jackpot as well as Progressive Bingo. Other weekly events include Bell Jars and 50/50 Raffles. Food and drinks are available in the kitchen. Call 334-0021, ext. 145.