Wednesday, 04 June 2014 00:00
The Mineola School District will hold its Jackson Avenue School fourth grade concert at 7 p.m. in Mineola High School at 10 Armstrong Rd. in Garden City park
The Village of Mineola will hold a work session at 6:30 p.m. in Village Hall at 155 Washington Ave. in Mineola. A public meeting will follow at 7:30 p.m.
A preview opening of the art of Steven Velez, a former pupil of Lisa Fazio at The Garden Arts Studio in Mineola, will be on view at the Garden City Public Library at 3 p.m. The art will be on display until June 30 at 60 Seventh St., in Garden City. This gallery exhibit honors the memory of Velez, who was an accomplished artist. He lost his battle with depression in November.
The East Williston School Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. in the Wheatley School at 11 Bacon Rd. in Old Westbury.
The Mineola School Board will meet at 7 p.m. in the second floor staff lounge of the Willis Avenue School at 121 Jackson Ave. in Mineola.
The East Williston School District will hold its fifth grade spring concert at 7 p.m. in the Willets Road School at 455 I.U. Willets Rd. in Roslyn Heights.
The Hampton Street School will hold its ice cream social at 6:30 p.m. at 10 Hampton St. in Mineola.
Eleanor Rigby’s at 133 Mineola Blvd. in Mineola will host Frank and Joanne at 9 p.m.
The Wheatley School will hold a senior class blood drive from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 11 Bacon Rd. in Old Westbury.
The Village of East Williston will hold a board of trustees meeting at 8 p.m. in Village Hall at 2 Prospect Pl. in East Williston.
The East Williston School District will hold its Tri-M induction ceremony at 6 p.m. in the Wheatley School at 11 Bacon Rd. in Old Westbury.
The East Williston School District will hold its orchestra and choral concert at 7:30 p.m. in the Wheatley School at 11 Bacon Rd. in Old Westbury.
Mineola High School will host its senior awards breakfast at 10 Armstrong Rd. in Garden City Park.
The East Williston School District will hold its senior project fair in the Wheatley School at 11 Bacon Rd. in Old Westbury.
The East Williston School District will hold its sixth and seventh grade spring concert at 7 p.m. in the Willets Road School at 455 I.U. Willets Rd. in Roslyn Heights.
The Mineola Republican Club will hold its Flag Day Cocktail Party at Piccola Bussola at 159 Jericho Tpke. from 7 to 9 p.m. It will honor State Senator Jack Martins, restaurant owner Tony Lubrano and pay tribute to John s DeVanzo.
• The Mineola Historical Society meets on the fourth Tuesday of every month at 7:30 p.m. in its headquarters at 211 Westbury Avenue, Mineola. For more info, contact the historical society at 516-746-6722. Ask for Neil, Mike or Tom.
• Mineola AARP Chapter 4202 meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month from September to June at 9:30 a.m. in the community center at Mineola Village Hall, located at 155 Washington Ave. in Mineola.
• Boy Scout Troop 45 of Mineola meets every Tuesday between 7:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church of Mineola located at First and Main Sts. Boys 11 to 17 are welcome to join.
• Boy Scout Troop 200 of Williston Park meets every Monday between 7:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. at St. John’s Lutheran Church located at Willis Ave. and Winthrop St., Williston Park. Boys 11 to 17 are welcome to join.
• Mineola Choral Society meets every Monday at 8 p.m. in Mineola High School, Armstrong Rd., Garden City Park. New voices are welcome. For more information call 294-1175.
• Nassau Chess Club meets each Monday evening at 7:30 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church of Mineola, First and Main Sts. For more information call 631-218-4440.
• Irish American Society Social gatherings are every Monday at the Irish American Center, 297 Willis Ave., Mineola, from noon to 3 p.m. The group is here to make all welcome and be part of the local community. Bring lunch. Coffee and tea will be served. Call 516-742-8080.
• Leisure Club Of Mineola meets Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Mineola Community Center, Washington Ave. For more information, call 741-8747.