Anton Community Newspapers  •  132 East 2nd Street  •  Mineola, NY 11501  •  Phone: 516-747-8282  •  FAX: 516-742-5867
Intended comprare kamagra senza ricetta company.
Attention: open in a new window. PDFPrintE-mail

Carbon Monoxide Leak at Plainview Restaurant Sends Eight to Hospital

On Nov. 10, at 8:38 p.m., 2nd precinct officers responded to a call for multiple people passing out inside Ayhan’s Shish Kebab Restaurant, which is located at 379 South Oyster Bay Road in Plainview and within Syosset’s Fire District.

The restaurant was immediately evacuated, according to police, and fire departments from Syosset, Plainview and Hicksville responded to the location, where a positive carbon monoxide reading was secured by the Syosset Fire Department under the supervision of Chief Silver.

National Grid and the Nassau County Department of Health also responded and the gas was shut off. According to fire officials, the source of the leak was a blocked flue.

According to National Grid spokesperson Wendy Ladd, 30 people were evacuated and eight people were taken to various nearby hospitals with non-life-threatening symptoms/complaints, and three others refused medical attention.

National Grid locked the meter and issued warning tags so the gas can’t be turned on until National Grid deems it safe. National Grid said they are following up with an investigation.