Friday, 23 October 2009 00:00
• To make it more of an even playing field for candidates, we will not run columns from incumbents up for election in the three issues prior to an election.
• To be considered for publication, letters should be limited to 300-400 words (one quarter page is roughly 400 words). Letters longer than this may not be used or may be shortened by the editor without contacting the writer.
• In the last issue before an election, only letters expressing support for candidates will be accepted. Letters that would require a response from a candidate will not be used in the last issue before an election.
• Generally speaking, letters from candidates will not be printed. However, there may be times when a letter from a candidate is warranted - a judgement call on our part.
• As usual, letters must be hand-signed and include an address and daytime phone number for verification. In the case of an e-mailed letter, address and daytime phone number will suffice.