Friday, 10 May 2013 00:00
The vote on the budget for the 2013-2014 school year will take place on Tuesday, May 21 from 7:00am to 9:00pm in the Roslyn High School. The following will be on the ballot:
• The Roslyn School District’s proposed budget for the 2013-14 school year of $102,065,212. The budget-to-budget increase is 2.63 percent, and the projected tax levy increase is 2.11 percent.
• Election of three board trustees. Individuals who have filed petitions to be candidates, in the order in which they will appear on the ballot, are Bruce G. Valauri, Steven B. Litvack and David P. Dubner. The two candidates who win the most votes will be elected to full, three-year terms, beginning in July. The candidate who comes in third will be elected to complete the unexpired term of former trustee Dani Kline.
• The Bryant Library’s proposed budget for 2013-14. Details of the Library budget can be obtained by visiting www.bryantlibrary.org or by calling the Library at 621-2240.
• Proposition 3: Approval to transfer $4,062,000 from Capital Reserve Funds for capital projects.
• Proposition 4: Approval for the lease-purchase of 3 school buses and 2 vans to replace aging vehicles.
For additional budget information, please visit the district’s website at www.roslynschools.org or call the 801-5030.
To vote in a school election, an individual must be:
1. A U.S. citizen
2. 18 years old by Election Day
3. A resident in the Roslyn School District for at least 30 days by Election Day.
4. Registered to vote.
Call the district clerk at 801-5002 for absentee ballots or additional voter information.