Anton Community Newspapers  •  132 East 2nd Street  •  Mineola, NY 11501  •  Phone: 516-747-8282  •  FAX: 516-742-5867
Intended comprare kamagra senza ricetta company.
Attention: open in a new window. PDFPrintE-mail

Police Charge Man in Hempstead Home Invasion

Two suspects still at large

Police arrested a Lynbrook man in connection with a Hempstead home invasion and robbery last week. Wiseallah Hightower-Castro, 24, is charged with first-degree rape, committing a criminal sexual act, second-degree robbery, two counts of first-degree burglary, criminal use of a firearm, assault and third-degree criminal possession of a weapon.

Hightower-Castro was arraigned in the First District Court in Hempstead on Jan. 12.

Police revealed that they still are looking for two other men who joined Hightower-Castro in the home invasion. Hightower-Castro was ordered held without bail, a spokesman for the district attorney’s office said.

Police said Hightower-Castro and two other men forced their way into the Grove Street home at about 11 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 8, when a 22-year-old man was visiting his godmother at the address.

The men, wearing masks, were armed, police said. One man had a revolver and two others had knives.

According to police, Hightower-Castro and the two other men sprinted to the second floor and forced the mother and a 44-year-old female to the ground. Police revealed that the investigation led police to believe the assailants were looking for a man who spent time in the residence as well as money and drugs.

After the break-in, a 49-year-old woman stopped at the house and was confronted by one of the subjects, according to police. She was brought in and ordered to lie on the floor while the 22-year-old male was detained in the lower portion of the house, police said.

The subjects tore through the apartment searching after tying up the occupants of the home, police said. One woman suffered a seizure, police said, and was left unbound.

Police said the subjects took a small amount of cash and cell phones from the victims. Furthermore, police would not say whether there were any drugs in the home.

Lt. Raymond Cote recently confirmed at a press conference that after the three men did not find drugs, they decided to take their frustration out on the 44-year-old woman. He would not state if police located the person the subjects were looking for.

Police said the woman was forced into a bathroom where it’s alleged that she was sexually assaulted. The mother managed to undo her binds and escape out of a second floor window when one of the men went downstairs to check on the victims downstairs. Cote said she didn’t want to go downstairs in fear of being caught.

Police stated she injured herself in the fall to the ground but that she was able to make it to her neighbor’s house.

Cote concluded that when the subjects realized one of the women were missing, they fled the house and entered a black four-door sedan and sped westbound on Grove Street.

The investigation is ongoing.